When I was a kid, I hated the crust on pizza. It was always left on my plate long after I was done eating. My kid is no different than I was. She loves the ooey, gooey delicious "pizza" part of the pizza - and hates the crust. That's sort of how this crustless pizza pocket was born. It began as just a flat crustless pizza, but rolling it up made it easier to eat for smaller hands. Of course, you could always keep this pizza flat if you like the traditional appearance of pizza. This is also a great recipe when you don't have any pizza dough ready to go and just don't feel like preparing any. It honestly doesn't get much quicker or easier than this!
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
1. Preheat grill. If using the Xpress Platinum, preheat at setting 2.
2. Pour cheese into unit and spread evenly with spatula. Top with pepperoni slices.
3. Once the edges begin to brown (about 2-3 minutes), start to "roll" the pizza up.
5. Let cool slightly before eating.
Try adding other pizza toppings, too! Use a tomato-based sauce as a dip!