- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried, minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread
- 1 can tuna in water (5 oz)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup baking mix (Bisquick is the brand I used here)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- butter or margarine, for frying
- hamburger buns, optional
Pan Insert to Use: Base Unit
Servings: 4 patties
1. Preheat grill. If using the Xpress Platinum, preheat at setting 2.
2. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, dill weed, minced onion, and parsley in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate the dill dip (covered) for at least 1 hour so flavors can mingle.
3. Break bread slice into 6 pieces and put into a food processor (or blender). Chop until medium crumbs are formed; set aside.
4. Drain can of tuna very well and flake tuna into a medium bowl.
5. To the tuna, add bread crumbs, chopped green onions, beaten egg, baking mix, dijon mustard, and pepper; mix well.
6. Form the tuna mixture into 4 patties.
7. Place a small amount of butter or margarine into the grill and allow to melt.
8. Place 2 patties into the grill and close lid.
9. Fry for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until patties are nicely browned and done.
10. Repeat with remaining 2 patties.
11. Serve with dill dip. If desired, place on a hamburger bun and serve as a sandwich.
Beats a Hamburger ANY Day!