Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Simple Slaw Dog


Whenever our family goes swimming, we love to picnic on hot dogs and brats afterwards.  My husband mans the grill, and I get to kick back and enjoy it.  With the Redi-Set-Go, I can "grill" hot dogs anytime for my little one (or myself) without ever firing up the outdoor grill.  My personal favorite topping for hot dogs is simply cole slaw.  I believe adding cole slaw to hot dogs is something done regularly in the South (I could be wrong, though); either way, I can't take credit for this combination.  I heard of this idea as a very young child when my parents took me to a small restaurant in Amherst, Ohio called "Hot Dog Heaven."  One day, I'd like to take my own child(ren?) there.

Ingredients:
  • 1 hot dog
  • 1 hot dog bun
  • prepared cole slaw

Pan Insert to Use:  Full Round Pan or Base Unit

Servings:  1

Directions:
1.  Spray grill with nonstick spray and preheat.
2.  Poke holes in hot dog with a fork.


3.  Place in grill, close lid, and cook for 5-15 minutes (depending on preference), rotating occasionally.


4.  Place hot dog on bun and top with desired amount of cole slaw.  Eat it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment