Sunday, May 27, 2012

Full Round Pan vs. Base Unit


I just wanted to talk for a minute about the difference between using the base unit and the full round pan.  Both hold the same quantity of food, but there is one major difference that you need to account for when using either of them.  The base unit cooks faster.  If you make a grilled sandwich in the full round pan, it could take up to 15 minutes.  The same sandwich can be done in the base unit in under 4.  So, if you want something to cook a little slower, use the pan.  If you want it to cook a little faster, use the base unit.  Generally speaking, the base unit is ideal for grilling and frying; the full round pan is best for baking and simmering.  Use the following chart for reference:


FOR
USE
Sandwiches
Base Unit
French Toast
Base Unit
Large Cookies
Full Round Pan
Cakes & Brownies
Full Round Pan
Meats
Base Unit
Large Pancakes
Base Unit
Soups & Stews
Full Round Pan
Potatoes & Veggies
Base Unit
Eggs
Full Round Pan
Pizzas
Base Unit

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, we just got this set and cannot find recipes for simple things. Like how to cook steak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I am working on some new recipes to post in the near future, and recipes involving meats and poultry are on my "to do" list. :)

      Delete
    2. I just found mine again and wanted recipes for one. I didn't use it much but find I may just start again if anyone has ideas please share. thank you

      Delete
  2. I was given one of the xpress redi- set-go machines, but not any of the removeable parts. I would like to know if i can buy these parts and if so where? thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The parts for these units are no longer manufactured. However, I have seen some on Ebay periodically. I recommend doing a "saved search" on Ebay. That way, when someone posts something new, you'll be notified by email and will be less likely to miss it. ;)

      Delete
  3. I just found mine again cleaning out the kitchen and I am looking for ideas to cook for one. if you have any recipes please share. thank you I really cant believe people still use this but I'm glad you all do.

    ReplyDelete