Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grilled Cheese Honey Bunwich


When I was a little girl, my parents and I would visit my grandma (who lived about 2-3 hours away).  The road trips were exhausting, but we always stopped at this little Dairy Queen on the way there.  I always got the same thing - grilled cheese.  When we returned home, none of our local Dairy Queen's served grilled cheese.  Now that I'm an adult, I've figured out how to make my own and it definitely rivals that little Dairy Queen's.  Because this sandwich is made on a hamburger bun, it is the perfect size for my kid.  Traditional grilled cheese is made on sandwich bread, and it's simply too much food for her to finish.  But with this grilled cheese, none gets wasted.

Ingredients:
  • 1 honey hamburger bun
  • 2 slices American cheese
  • butter or margarine, for frying

Pan Insert to Use:  Base Unit (No Pan)

Servings: 1

Directions:
1.  Spray pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray; preheat grill.
2.  Cut top and bottom heals off of bun (see photo below).
3.  Using a round cookie cutter or upside-down glass, cut cheese slices into circles (see photo below).


4.  Assemble sandwich and butter top and bottom:



5.  Place in grill and cook for 1-2 minutes.  Flipping may be necessary if your bun is on the thin side.  Let cool enough to eat.  Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment