Monday, May 14, 2012

Dippy Eggs with Toast


When I was a kid, one of my favorites breakfasts was "Dippy Eggs."  They were called this because I liked to dip my toast into the egg yolk.  Every time I was home sick from school, my mom (or dad) would ask, "Would you like some dippy eggs?"  Every weekend morning they would ask, "Would you like some dippy eggs?"  I can never recall my answer being "no."  No one could make a dippy egg quite like my parents.  Now that I have my own little girl, I have had to learn how to make my own dippy eggs... and this little indoor grill is the easiest and fastest way to get it done.

Ingredients:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon margarine, for frying
  • salt and pepper, to season
  • 2 slices bread
  • butter or margarine (for toast)

Pan Insert to Use: Divider Pan

Servings: 1-2

Directions:
1.  Put 1/2 teaspoon of margarine into each well and let grill preheat.
2.  Toast bread while unit is preheating.
3.  Crack one egg into each well and close lid; cook for 2-4 minutes.
4.  Butter toast while eggs are frying.
5.  When eggs are fully cooked to desired doneness, remove them from the pan by simply sliding them out onto a plate.
6.  Season eggs with salt and pepper; serve with buttered toast.




No comments:

Post a Comment