Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cheese Stuffed Peppers


Stuffed peppers are awesome, but sometimes you may not want the carbs that come along with them.  My mom made stuffed peppers about twice a month or so growing up, and they were always carb-laden because they were crammed full of rice.  Don't get me wrong, they are delicious!  But I wanted a way to cut the carbs down and make them into a side dish or a even a healthy lunch.  I've heard of people stuffing their peppers with just cheese, but I need a little more flavor than that.  These peppers were my result.  And let me just say - this is the most delicious way I've ever eaten a pepper.  I could easily eat these every single day!  Note: Even though this recipe calls for mini sweet peppers, other small-sized peppers could easily be substituted - such as serrano or jalapeno.

Ingredients:
  • 5 mini sweet peppers, red or orange (or both)
  • 4 string cheese snacks
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper

Pan Insert to Use:  Full Round Pan or Divider Pan

Servings:  1-2

Directions:
1. Preheat grill. If using the Xpress Platinum, preheat at setting 2.
2. Spritz pan insert with non-stick spray.
3. Cut stems off of mini peppers and slice lengthwise.  Remove seeds.

 
 
4.  Stuff mini peppers with the string cheese.  You may have to cut the string cheese to fit properly.
5.  Sprinkle peppers evenly with the garlic salt, onion powder, and white pepper.
 
 
6.  Place 3 peppers into the grill (slit facing up), close lid, and cook for about 15 minutes.  Repeat with remaining 2 peppers.  If your peppers are extra small, you might be able to fit them all in at once.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment