Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


With all the oatmeal recipes I have in my arsenal, you'd think that I actually love the stuff.  But if you know me at all (or have read earlier posts), you'd know that is simply not the case.  However, I know that oatmeal is good for you, so I'm constantly trying to find new ways to make it bearable - and dare I say... tasty.  These oatmeal cookies do just that.  I add a full 2 tablespoons of raisins to mine (though you probably don't really need that many).  These cookies are better warm, and sometimes I even have a couple for breakfast (Shhh! Don't tell!).

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats (not instant)
  • 1 & 1/2 tablespoons flour
  • 1 & 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
  • 1-2 tablespoons raisins (depending on taste)
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 & 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
  • 1/2 tablespoon water
  • 1 teaspoon dried egg white powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda

Pan Insert to Use:  Mini Food Pan

Servings:  About 6 cookies

Directions:
1.  Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill.
2.  In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly:


3.  Divide batter among the cooking wells:


4.  Close lid and cook for 12-14 minutes.  Test doneness with a toothpick inserted in center of cookies:


5.  Let cool before eating.  Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment